Vince Russo: "That's why WWE released Eva Marie"



by   |  VIEW 175

Vince Russo: "That's why WWE released Eva Marie"

Eva Marie returned to WWE television screens in May 2021, after a full four-year absence from the federation. Her second stint within the company never really took off, although her expectations were very high on the eve. After getting embroiled in non-thrilling feuds with Alexa Bliss and Doudrop on Raw, Eva was suddenly released earlier this month.

Marie scored seven fights during her recent WWE run, the last of which was staged against her former ally Doudrop in the September 20 episode of Raw. To affect the decision of the WWE were also the countless commitments of Eva outside the ring.

The 37-year-old from Walnut Creek appeared in the American version of Big Brother in 2019, finishing in seventh place. With five million followers on Instagram, Marie was one of the most followed superstars before her release.

In a conversation on Sportskeeda, former WWE and WCW writer Vince Russo advised the former Total Divas star to focus on acting. Vince Russo encourages Eva Marie explaining: "The WWE has chosen to fire Eva Marie because of her frequent commitments on the set of her, it is useless to go around her.

We haven't seen her in the ring for a long time because she was busy making a movie. WWE caught the ball on her and got rid of her. Being involved in so many projects, I think the timing was ideal for her. I hope that in the cinema they will treat her like a star and that she will be able to earn a mountain of money.

It didn't make sense for her to stay in the wrestling business." Eva was in WWE between 2013 and 2017. "I think Marie is genuinely in love with wrestling. Her dream was to get to the top of this sector, but then other factors took over.

She got noticed in the cinema, she took part in a reality show, they called her for several commercials and her bond with WWE gradually faded."

Rob Van Dam could come back in WWE

Rob Van Dam is the only wrestler to be a Triple Crown Champion in both WWE and ECW.

During his long tenure in the Stamford federation, he won his first title in 2001 (the Hardcore Championship) and was a six-time Intercontinental Champion. RVD is also known as The Franchise of ECW, having been its iconic face from the late 1990s until the company went bankrupt.

The WWE Hall of Famer took part in the latest edition of 'INSIGHT' with Chris Van Vliet, where he retraced his legendary career in professional wrestling. When asked if he would agree to return to WWE, the 50-year-old from Battle Creek responded quite surprisingly.

"I know some might be skeptical about it, but I'm still capable of staying in the ring. I don't know if I will play other matches in WWE, but I don't close the doors to this eventuality at all. I would have no problem returning to Vince McMahon's federation, unless there are foreclosures on their part.

Throughout this time, I have stayed in touch with Vince and we have a great relationship. There have been rumors that I would be at loggerheads with the WWE, but they are all falsehoods," said Van Dam. Rob is in very good shape despite his age: "Another fake news said that I would never fight again because of of my past concussions and most people believed it was true.

I've never talked to WWE about my concussions. Fans must learn not to believe everything they read on the web." In 2021, RVD was inducted into the Hall of Fame: "I have to admit it was a great honor. I had to wear a dress that doesn't quite fit my usual style, but it was still fun."

Rob held 21 titles in total across ECW, WWE and TNA, not forgetting countless local awards. In the most important federations, he is a three-time world champion.