Tammy 'Sunny' Sytch sentenced to 17 years in prison

A year after the terrible accident that caused one victim, Tammy was sentenced to prison

by Lorenzo Ciotti
Tammy 'Sunny' Sytch sentenced to 17 years in prison
© Wikimedia Commons

After more than a year of back and forth in court, a final sentence has arrived for the WWE Hall Of Famer who has been sentenced to 17 years in prison, also having to serve 8 years of probation after his release in 2040 and of course, needless to say, his driver's license has been officially revoked permanently.

25 years in prison were expected, but in the end she was served for previous days spent in prison. Yes, Tammy Sunny Sytch has been permanently sentenced to 17 years in prison! In March 2022, Tammy Sytch was involved in a car accident in which Julian Lafrancis Lasseter died.

The former professional wrestling manager who was then arrested in May 2022 and charged with murder by driving while intoxicated and causing death. Additionally, she faced seven counts of driving while intoxicated causing damage to a person or property.

In October 2023, Sytch was declared a danger to society by the Florida Srare Attorney.

What happened on the evening of the fatal accident

According to WrestlingNews.co, Sunny was taken into custody by authorities on February 24 in Keansburg, New Jersey.

Furthermore, on January 13, 2022, Sunny was arrested in New Jersey for possession of weapons and making terrorist threats, according to what the well-known news site TMZ reported. The same source had reported that the woman had tried to kill her partner with a pair of scissors with a policeman saying that she was clearly under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

But on March 25, the Ormond Beach police said Sytch failed to stop around 8:28 p.m. while she was driving south on U.S. 1, north of Granada Boulevard, Friday evening when she crashed into a stopped vehicle. That vehicle then crashed into the vehicle in front of it.

The driver of the vehicle Sunny was struck, identified as Julian Lafrancis Lasseter of Daytona Beach Shores, was transported to Halifax Health Medical Center, where she was sadly pronounced dead. Sunny was also taken to the same hospital for checks, but she was later released and then arrested.