Rockhold seems to be increasingly speaking out publicly against UFC President Dana White. After dissatisfaction with the opponent (Sean Strickland) they contracted him to, the former UFC middleweight champion criticized White again.
In an interview with MMA Junkie Radio, Luke explained that the UFC is no longer the best option for every fighter. '' I would never close the door on other options. Salaries are excellent in other organizations as well.
The UFC is not always the best option. Guys like Francis Ngannou get silenced and put aside because they want to get paid according to their value, and the UFC does the fight for the interim champion which suc*s. That's the kind of s*it you come across here, '' Rockhold said.
By the way, Luke has had problems with Dan White before. Earlier this year, Rockhold was a guest on Rippin It's podcast and explained that White tried to hurt him further after the defeat against Michael Bisping, and the UFC president's attitude towards Rockhold changed the moment Luke signed a contract with a fashion company Ralph Lauren.
'' After I lost the title, Dana White came up to me and tried to hurt me further mentally. I literally told him to fu*k off. I told him I would do what I wanted, especially if they were going to offer him such s*itty offers."
"He knows who I am and what I have done in sports. I signed with a fashion company to have a certain advantage in negotiations with the UFC, '' Luke Rockhold said at the time.
The 36-year-old American MMA fighter continues to cultivate a negative opinion towards his current boss, and Luke hopes that other fighters will start to step forward and oppose things that are not in their favor.
'' I will always respect myself in public. Showing disrespect is a common UFC policy, a narrative created by Dana White. He emphasizes silencing fighters and criticizing champions." "They (the UFC) create situations where they encourage fans to hate fighters and that’s usually bulls*it.
You have to respect yourself, go there, and get paid."
We are fighters, we provide entertainment and we deserve to be paid according to our value, '' Luke added, obviously frustrated by the overall financial situation, as well as the UFC's policy of putting fighters dissatisfied with fees in a negative context and drawing fans' anger at them.
By the way, Luke Rockhold’s next performance is scheduled to take place on November 6 at the iconic Madison Square Garden. Luke Rockhold’s opponent will be an eighth-ranked fighter in the challenger Sean Strickland rankings.