Max Holloway has offered to stay in Abu Dhabi for another week and serve as a reserve for UFC 257. It is a show led by Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier. The former champion in featherweight defeated Calvin Kattar with incredible ease and dominance on Saturday, and driven by a great victory, Holloway expressed his wish that, if the opportunity arose, he would perform on January 23rd.
Holloway hopes that unexpected situations will occur and that he could perform at UFC 257 based on them. The chances of such a thing are small, but not impossible. "Don't be surprised if something happens in this crazy, wild sport.
Follow the big PPV event that awaits us next week. A lot of surprises are happening here." "We'll see what happens, even with Khabib (Nurmagomedov). He said he wants something that’s super interesting ...
The two of us had one of the best press conferences, but we didn’t fight, and we can fix that if that’s what he wants, ”Max said along the way, recalling 2018 when he was due to replace UFC 223 before Tony Ferguson, but on the day of the weigh-in, the doctors banned him from performing.
President doesn't agree
As great as Holloway’s desire was after an impressive win over Kattar, the UFC president is not a fan of the idea. Probably the president is aware of the situation and believes that Holloway should rest and dedicate himself to some other things at the moment.
We'll see if his comment provokes Holloway's reaction "I think he deserves to go home and take some break. I respect that, but I think we're good. We're well covered," Dana White told a news conference shortly after the UFC on ABC 1 event.
For Max, there is definitely one option and a match with the winner from the fight of champions Alexander Volkanovsky and Brian Ortega (March 27). It is an opportunity that he definitely deserved with such a performance. It will be interesting if there is a fight between him and Volkanovski.
For now, we will have to wait for the fight between Ortega and Volkanovski before that and hope that Volkanovski will soon decide to fight Holloway. "Volkanovsky said he wants a second fight. He doesn't want a harder fight.
It's clear to him who the hardest challenge is. He knows it's me. And at the end of the day, I have no intention of forcing anyone to fight me. But I'll be ready." , Holloway concluded