Max Holloway Returns to Winning Ways at UFC on ESPN 44
by | VIEW 735
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on ESPN 44 was a night to remember, with several thrilling bouts taking place. One of the biggest highlights of the evening was the return of fan-favorite Max Holloway to winning form.
After his recent loss to Alexander Volkanovski, Holloway took on the tough challenge of Arnold Allen, a decision that paid off as he secured his victory by unanimous decision of the judges (49-46, 49-46, 48-47).
An Epic Battle between Two Warriors
The five-round bout between Holloway and Allen was a true test of endurance and skill, as both fighters demonstrated their mastery of the sport.
Despite a strong start from Allen with his "low kicks," Holloway quickly regained control of the fight, landing quick combinations and dodging Allen's powerful left hand. As the fight progressed, Holloway's experience shone through, and he was able to knock Allen down in the final round to confirm his victory.
On the other hand, Allen also proved his toughness as a fighter by lasting all five rounds for the first time in his career. Although he still needs more experience to reach the top of the game, his performance was impressive nonetheless.
Other Exciting Bouts at UFC on ESPN 44
The night was not only about the Holloway vs. Allen bout, as there were several other exciting matches that took place. Edson Barboza secured a memorable win by knocking out Billy Quarantillo with a knee in the third round.
Ion Cutelaba also finished Tanner Boser in the first round with a commanding performance. Pedro Munhoz defeated Chris Gutierrez by decision, rounding out a night filled with action and excitement.
UFC on ESPN 44 - Results
- Max Holloway def.
Arnold Allen via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)
- Edson Barboza def. Billy Quarantillo via knockout (knee) – Round 1, 2:37
- Azamat Murzakanov def. Dustin Jacoby via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ion Cutelaba def.
Tanner Boser via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:05
- Pedro Munhoz def. Chris Gutierrez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Rafa Garcia def. Clay Guida via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Bill Algeo def. TJ Brown via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:40
- Brandon Royval def.
Matheus Nicolau via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:09
- Zak Cummings def. Ed Herman via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 4:13
- Gillian Robertson def. Piera Rodriguez via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 4:21
- Daniel Zellhuber def.
Lando Vannata via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Denise Gomes def. Bruna Brasil via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:42
- Gaston Bolanos def. Aaron Phillips via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Joselyne Edwards def. Lucie Pudilova via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)