Athlete of the year: here are the 10 candidates! Italian Marcell Jacobs, winner of the 100 meters in Tokyo 2021, is sensationally excluded. Below the name: 1) Mondo Duplantis: Olympic gold pole vault and world record holder (6.18).
European indoor champion and winner of the Diamond League.
2) Eliud Kipchoge: he is the world record holder (2h01'39 "). In Tokyo 2021 he confirmed the Olympic gold he won in 2016 in Rio. In the story only Abebe Bikila and Waldemar Cierpinski have succeeded in this achievement.
3) Daniel Stahl: Olympic discus thrower, he also won the Diamond League.
4) Damian Warner: he won the Olympic gold of the decathlon in Tokyo, where he set the Olympic record (9018 points).
5) Ryan Crouser: Olympic gold in the shot put, in June he improved the world record 23.37) which had lasted for 31 years.
6) Joshua Cheptegei: Olympic gold of 5,000 and Olympic silver of 10,000 in Tokyo 2021.
Last year he set world records of 5,000 in 12'35 "36" and 10,000 in 26'11 "
7) Jakob Ingebrigtsen: At the Tokyo Games he won the Olympic gold of 1500 by beating Timothy Cheruiyot for the first time.
8) Pedro Pichardo: In Tokyo 2021 he won the Olympic triple gold with 17.98.
9) Miltiadis Tentoglou: Olympic long jump gold medal in Tokyo 2021 with 8.41.
10) Karsten Warholm: in Tokyo 2021 he won the 400 obstacles in 45 ”94, improving his world record by 7 tenths.
Australian Open, Prime Minister: "The unvaccinated will not be present"
In recent weeks the tennis world has been shaken by news that could completely revolutionize next season. The Government of the Australian Open would be willing to arrange that all unvaccinated people cannot enter the country and this also applies to professional athletes and therefore also to tennis players, engaged in the state of Victoria to compete in the Australian Open.
In the Tour, several athletes still have to pronounce themselves on the vaccine issue and there is concern that several athletes may decide not to participate. To tell the truth, in the last few hours small encouraging rumors had arrived, but to close this possibility, Prime Minister Daniel Andrews thought once again, who attacked the Federal Government and Tennis Australia by releasing important statements to The Age.
The final decision on this situation will be made within two weeks but Andrews, for his part, does not seem to want to know and is ready to challenge Tennis Australia: "I want to send a message to all Victorians who have followed the rules to the letter.
and who are vaccinated. This government will not grant any exemption to unvaccinated tennis players to enter our country." Andrews continued explaining his reasons and showing a total closure: "We only want vaccinated people, we already have experience of sports competitions where all participants and participations had to follow.
these guidelines and we will not change the rules and this course for the Australian Open." The Minister concludes by stating: "It would be counterproductive to require that the public, volunteers and workers be vaccinated and then let the unvaccinated tennis players play."
Meanwhile, Tennis Australia is working carefully placing every possibility as realistic, including precisely the non-participation of the unvaccinated. In addition to this, according to what The Age Tennis Australia reports, he has kept in touch with the organizers of the US Open and they are working to copy their protocol for the controls and the measures to be taken in case of a tennis player or some member close to COVID- 19.