Rafael Nadal: "It will not be easy to return to the highest levels"



by   |  VIEW 140

Rafael Nadal: "It will not be easy to return to the highest levels"

It's been three months since we last saw Rafael Nadal in action and fans are wondering what his condition is like. During a ceremony held in Madrid a few days ago, the Spanaird provided some updates on his rehabilitation process.

He said: "My main goal at the moment is to prepare myself in the best possible way for the new season. I hope to be competitive again in 2022. It won't be easy to get back to the top level, I was off the track for many months and I'm no longer a kid.

The competition is fierce, but I still have great enthusiasm and I hope to get a lot of satisfaction next year. As much as he looks like a machine from a mental point of view, I'm sure he too has his doubts and fears about him.

We have different characters, but both of them have led us to success. Everyone needs to find their own way." Rafael Nadal had to contend with a chronic foot injury for much of 2021. The Spanish star played the pittance of seven official tournaments this year and played his last match last August.

After his premature elimination in the Washington tournament, the former world number 1 has decided to end his season well in advance. The 20-time Grand Slam champion has been back in training for a few weeks and is expected to return to the field at the Abu Dhabi exhibition next month.

The 35-year-old from Manacor has already confirmed his participation in the Australian Open 2022, which kicks off on January 17 in Melbourne Park. Tournament director Craig Tiley has announced that the capacity will be 100%, which is very good news given the atmosphere in the Happy Slam every year.

Peng Shuai: "I'm fine, but I ask you..."

In the last few hours, a new video of Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai has appeared. The former number one in the world has been missing for weeks and, while many in Europe are moving to ask for clarity on the matter, new pics arrives in China that testifies that Peng has no problem, at least, apparently.

Through her Twitter profile, a Chinese journalist, close enough to the local government, published a video of Peng engaged in a local event with children. According to this reporter, this video is from the last hours and to testify it he published shortly after a video of the woman having lunch in a restaurant with her agent.

A situation yet to be deciphered with the WTA asking for further evidence and official testimony from the tennis player. Peng Shuai talked by videoconference with the president of the International Olympic Committee Bach, reassuring him, apparently, about her condition.

She said: "I'm fine and I'm safe, I want respect for my privacy." She said it after days of concern over her disappearance following reports of abuse by former Beijing deputy prime minister, Zang Ghaoli.

This was reported by a note from the IOC The Peng Shuai's issue is making and continues to be discussed throughout the world. The former number one in the world of women's doubles has been missing for a few weeks and the world of sport has mobilized for the athlete to be found.

In the last few hours, some photos and videos of the tennis player struggling in a Chinese event had been released on social networks, but there was still no official statement by the tennis player and the WTA had still said it was perplexed about the story, not judging the shots arrived on the tennis player to be sufficient Chinese, winner of Roland Garros and Wimbledon in doubles tournaments.

IOC President Thomas Bach and two members of the Olympic organization held a video call with Peng. A picture of Peng was posted of her at her home surrounded by stuffed animals but the woman appeared apparently serene. Peng Shuai thanked for all this attention and confirmed that he is fine.

Several important personalities of tennis and sport had moved for the woman and legends such as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Serena Williams had discussed and had made statements in aid of the expert oriental athlete.

Emma Terho, one of the members present at the call, explained: "We are all relieved to see that she was fine, it was our biggest concern. We confirmed our support and told him we will keep in touch with you in the next few days, Peng appreciated."

The Olympic Committee then said the woman asked for some privacy. However, that of the IOC was also a diplomatic choice: in fact, Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics and a situation like this could undoubtedly undermine the tranquility of the event.