Roger Federer's new record!



by   |  VIEW 754

Roger Federer's new record!

Twelve months have passed since that competition but it was in Melbourne in 2020 that Roger Federer won his hundredth victory at the Australian Open. With this data, the Swiss champion became the first player to have at least 100 victories in two Grand Slams, in his case also Wimbledon in addition to the Australian Open.

To achieve this record Federer created an incredible match where he was one step away from the abyss and after more than four hours of play he managed to get the better of the host John Millman: the match ended with the result of 4-6; 7- 6; 6-4; 4-6; 7-6.

In the decisive tiebreak Federer was down by 8 points to 4 and now everyone gave him up for dead, but thanks to some mistakes of the opponent and above all his great talent Federer managed to solve the practice by scoring six consecutive points and winning the match thanks to 10 -8 in the decisive tiebreak.

It was a game where Millman played a great match and really created numerous problems for Federer, the match was really decided on a tight thread and on very few points.

Roger Federer's new record!

There is great expectation for Roger Federer's return to the field and many think that the Swiss can return to the court and thus cheer his fans in the next tournament in Doha.
After 21 consecutive years in the main draw of the Australian Open, Swiss champion Roger Federer has announced that he will not take part in the first Grand Slam of 2021, which, due to exceptional circumstances, will be held this year in February.

Federer has therefore postponed his return to the field, he will not go to Australia and most likely will return to the field next March. The 20-time Grand Slam title champion hasn't played since last year when he reached the Australian Open semifinals in Australia, but also because of some physical problems, he was clearly defeated in three sets by world number one Novak Djokovic.

About twelve months have passed but in this period Federer reached a huge record that sees him protagonist in two of the four Grand Slams present in the circuit. Meanwhile, as reported on the Australian website The Age, it is difficult to avoid the impression that tennis players come here at the expense of Australians stranded abroad and exposed to the pandemic.

It's also odd that Victoria could find places for tennis stars as her residents are stranded in NSW and Queensland due to its harsh border closures. Health Minister Martin Foley said he understood the frustration of the Victorians stranded in Sydney or Brisbane, which are still considered red zones by the state government, but he didn't want to risk another outbreak in the state of Victoria.

He said: "I apologize for the dislocation this has caused, but I don't apologize for the principle of keeping Victoria safe and keeping Victoria open. More than 70,000 Victorians are trying to go home with the new state traffic light system, with thousands still stranded in NSW under current restrictions.

While Victoria reopened on Monday at NSW regional, Greater Sydney remains a red zone from which people can only travel with an exemption," the minister explained. Now it was confirmed that three out of 10 people who tested positive for the swab while inside the Australian Open bubble contracted the UK's most virulent strain of COVID-19.