Marc Marquez's new surgery



by   |  VIEW 197

Marc Marquez's new surgery

Marc Marquez had a new surgery, for the third time on his right arm. The Honda rider underwent surgery at the Ruber Internacional Hospital in Madrid, for a pseudarthrosis of the right humerus. This surgery could involve more months of rehabilitation.

After a first operation, on 21 July 2020, with Professor Xavier Mir, ​​with the insertion of a plate fixed with 12 screws, Marquez receives the doctors' eligibility and returns to the track four days after the surgery, but after a lap of qualifying he raises the white flag.

On 3 August the second surgery, always with Dr. Mir, necessary to replace the titanium plate inserted because it was damaged. Marquez's team said: "Surgery performed by doctors Samuel Antuña, Ignacio Roger de Oña, Juan de Miguel, Aitor Ibarzabal and Andrea Garcia Villanueva, consisted in the removal of the previous plate and in the positioning of a new plate with the addition of an iliac bone graft with free corticoperiosteal flap.

The operation lasted eight hours." After the second surgery, Albert Puig, Honda team manager, said: "The damage to the plate occurred while Marc was opening a window with his right arm and all this was necessary due to an excess of stress."

In November Honda Hrc announced that Marquez continues his recovery, but will not participate in the rest of the 2020 season and aims to return to racing in 2021. Now this other stage, in a clinic, which is connected to the US Mayo Clinic.

Lewis Hamilton tested positive to COVID-19 during mandatory pre-race tests!

Mercedes confirmed with a statement: "We regret announcing that Lewis Hamilton tested positive for COVID-19 and will not be able to participate in the Sakhir GP this weekend.

Lewis was tested three times last week and has returned a negative result each time, the last of which was Sunday afternoon at the Bahrain International Circuit as part of the standard race weekend test schedule. However he woke up on Monday morning with mild symptoms and was informed at the same time that a contact prior to arrival in Bahrain had subsequently tested positive.

Lewis then did another test which returned a positive result. Lewis he is now isolating himself in accordance with COVID-19 protocols and guidelines from public health authorities in Bahrain. Aside from mild symptoms, he is otherwise fit and well, and the whole team sends him their best wishes for a rapid recovery."

Also FIA ​​reports on Twitter the news. Hamilton is currently in solitary confinement. The Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for the weekend in Sakhir will take place as planned, adds the federation.