Jon Rahm dreams the Olympics. He said it druing a long interview, in which he talked about the golf at Tokyo 2021. Rahm will represent Spain at the Tokyo Olympics 2021, while other golfers like Dustin Johnson and Adam Scott will not be in Japan this Summer.
He explained: "The International Olympic Committee (IOC), due to the persistence of the health emergency, is not making things easy for us players. Families are not allowed, they are not allowed to participate in other events.
Until the Wednesday before the competition golfers cannot sleep in the hotel but must stay inside the Olympic village which, from what I have been told, is at least an hour's drive from the competition area. So it's not easy.
I can understand why so many colleagues give priority to other events. However, this is not my case. Winning the Olympics is one of my great dreams."
Rory McIlroy doesn't approve the new Premier Golf League
"I am definitely against it and this story is a perfect reminder of what happened in the world of football.
This is just an economic project that aims to make the players as much money as possible. If there is someone who has this goal, they can choose this path easily," said Northern Irishman Rory McIlroy thus reiterates his no to the Premier Golf League.
"I think this project is really interesting and certainly deserves to be evaluated carefully" This is the position of Phil Mickelson who in the past had already winked at the Premier Golf League which aims to take the limelight from 2022.
The opinion of Justin Thomas and Rory McIlroy is diametrically opposed. "I don't know how this story will end - the statements of Thomas, world number 2 - but my intention is to go back to being the best player, win as many majors as possible and do historic things on the PGA Tour"
These are the positions of some stars about nascent Premier Golf League (PGL) which, through a Saudi fund, would be ready to put 1 billion dollars to convince many big names to leave the traditional circuits to embark on a new adventure.
The Premier Golf League (PGL), with the support of a Saudi fund, returns to undermine the safety of the most important men's green circuits. Immediate reaction of the PGA Tour which, as has already happened in football with FIFA and Uefa, imposes a hard line.
"Anyone who decides to enter this circuit will be suspended immediately and will risk the definitive expulsion from the top American tour." This is the position expressed by Jay Monahan, commissioner of the PGA Tour.
The Premier Golf League would have put $ 1 billion on the table to convince 40-50 players to embark on a new adventure. Which covers 18 events around the world with mind-boggling bags. The goal is to take the stage as early as 2022.