Fernando Alonso says that he is "almost ready" for another pre-season test of Formula 1. The Spaniard wanted to give a sign of his great motivation for this year by posting a photo of one of his trainings. The two-time world champion said this would be a different winter for him.
The Spaniard admitted that the bicycle accident he experienced a year ago affected his preparations for 2021. For this season, Alonso has been working to avoid any setbacks and to be physically fully prepared for 2022. The Alpine driver announced three weeks ago that he had ended the period of rest and recovery that doctors had recommended to him after removing the tiles he had been wearing since the bike accident.
Since then, he has been eagerly capturing the training routine, and he proved it with photography. "Almost ready. Another week until the start of pre-season testing. Pre-season number 20 in Formula 1, ”the Spanish driver wrote on his profiles.
After the rest prescribed by the operation, Fernando promises that, if the car is competitive, it will be at 100%. "I am strong and ready… I could start the season next week in Bahrain," the Spaniard commented earlier.
Fernando Alonso on last year and his age
A new age requires new preparation. Fernando explains that, unlike last year, he worked diligently for this season in order to arrive ready for the first winter tests. "Last winter I was not able to do the proper preparations, I only arrived at the start of Bahrain, without a real physical program, so this winter I want to do more," he described.
"Obviously I will not train the same now that I am 40 years old when I was 23 years old. I have to train more, I have to stretch more, do a different diet and do a lot of other things to be in the same shape and with the same strength, and I am ready for these bigger sacrifices, that's why I came back, "he said.
"It's a plan for the winter (break), to be as strong as possible, and for that I have to do more (training) than other drivers because I'm older than them," concluded Fernando Alonso. Next Monday, February 21 at 6:30 pm, Alpine will present the car with which Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon will embark on a new era of Formula 1.
Fernando Alonso will try to achieve better results this season, and it is clear that despite being in his late years, he is still at the top level.